- A Kitty in the Henhouse
- Chicken Scratches and Other Writing Tips
- Eye Candy
- Happenings at the Henhouse
- Music of the Coop
- Pop Culture
- Squawk Authors: Latest and Greatest Books
- Squawk Friends
- Squawk Interactive: Captions, polls, etc
- Squawk's Favorite Books
- Stranger Than Fiction (Real Life)
- Teresa Reveals the CONFESSIONS OF A TRUE ROMANTIC
- CHRISTINA DODD HAS A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
- Christina Dodd Exposes the Glamour of Booktour
- Christina Dodd Treats You to an Extra Excerpt of IN BED WITH THE DUKE!
- GIRLFRIENDS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN Contest!
- Connie Brockway Posts Incriminating New Video
- SPOIL ME! BY CELEBRATING THE GOLDEN SEASON’S PUB DATE, TODAY!
- Teresa Says It Loud and Says It Proud: I WRITE ROMANCE NOVELS!!!
- CHRISTINA DODD SAYS “IT’S CHRISTMAS! DUCK!”
- Teresa Needs Your Help to Choose the SEXIEST MAN DEAD!
Yes, it’s true. I’m Twittering. I know, it sounds like something I should take medicine for, but actually it’s a quick, easy and fairly painless way to exchange news and keep up with each other. And besides, Teresa and Connie are Tweeting, and you know what a copycat I am. So follow me!
I promised you a completely re-designed Christina Dodd website, and we’re almost there. A few more weeks of reviewing and updating, and we’ll go live. I’ll let you know when it’s up so you can check it out … and find all the typos. ☺
Last but definitely not least, yesterday I got this email:
Congratulations, Christina! Your book, INTO THE FLAME, has been awarded the Best of the Year for Paranormal Romance by the reviewers at Romance Reviews Today.
And a few minutes later I got this email:
Me again! Congratulations, Christina! Your book, INTO THE FLAME, has been awarded the Best of the Year for Paranormal Romance and Best Overall Book of the Year by the reviewers at Romance Reviews Today.
I’m so glad to win for this book and this series. Writing stories is what I love to do, but some stories fall together more easily than others. Not that the readers seem to notice—sometimes they love the books that were so much work I was ready to fling myself on bamboo stakes. Sometimes they hate them. Sometimes they love the books that fell together like a jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes they hate them. What I think of my books seems to have nothing to do with how they’re received.
But Darkness Chosen was different, a gift series, landing in my lap and making my brain work for the pure joy of plotting the individual stories and the overall plot. I was so proud of Darkness Chosen that when the first two books came out, I thought readers were going to lift me on their shoulders and carry me down the parade route. Amazingly, no one did. Then, a year later, the next two books came out, and the response was so great! I realized I had written a word of mouth series, the kind of books that made people talk. I’m happy that for once my enthusiasm and abilities lined up just right to make Darkness Chosen a winner in every way. Thank you to Jane Bower for her passionate review of INTO THE FLAME, and thanks to everyone at RRT who joined in her enthusiasm! Check it out! (I admit I wrote and asked whether there would be a coronation. I was soundly ignored.)
Until next time, enjoy reading and romance! (Not necessarily in that order.)
For the wild at heart!
Isn’t there an other part of the matzo you can eat? — Marilyn Monroe on being served matzo ball soup
Well, you’ve heard them Squawk and now you can hear them Tweet! Connie Brockway and Teresa Medeiros have succumbed to the Twitter craze that’s sweeping the nation and have finally found a way to insult each other in 140 characters or less. (Actually Connie can do it in two words but this is a family show.)
To become our minions...cough cough...I mean followers, just go to http://www.twitter.com/teresamedeiros or http://www.twitter.com/conniebrockway and sign up for a free account. Click the FOLLOW button and soon you’ll be privy to lots of delicious up-to-the-minute details of Connie’s and Teresa’s lives. You too can be present when Connie drags another helpless dog off to the frozen tundra or when Teresa succumbs to the irresistible lure of Frappucino Friday. You can also stalk...um...follow...some of your favorite celebrities. Teresa has already figured out how to stalk...um...follow Donny Osmond, Lance Armstrong and Russell Crowe.
There’s also an amazing free tool called TWEETDECK that lets you easily manage all of your TWITTER pals. You can download it at http://www.tweetdeck.com
So come join us and start answering the question that’s sweeping the nation: What are YOU doing???
Just wanted to let you know that I’ll be blogging over at http://www.runningwithquills.com on Monday April 13th and over at http://www.romancevagabonds.com on Tuesday April 14th. Hope you can pop by and say hello!
I’m also experimenting with the joys of Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/teresamedeiros
And thanks to all of you for putting SOME LIKE IT WILD on the New York Times bestseller list this week!
You know the drill. An author blogs and pretends to be wildly clever and engaging just so you’ll rush out and buy her latest release. As the aforementioned wildly clever and engaging author, I decided to just skip the foreplay today and give you the “Top Ten Reasons You Should Buy SOME LIKE IT WILD”:
1) Frappucinos don’t come cheap. At $3.71 a pop, I need at least $60 a month just to support my Starbucks habit. (And detox at a clinic in Switzerland is going to be even MORE pricey!)
2) Cats need kibble. As you can see, the economy already has my cats Buffy and Willow the Mouse Slayer worried about where their next packet of Tender Vittles will be coming from. (Or to be grammatically correct—from whence their next packet of Tender Vittles will...oh...never mind.)
3) You can stimulate the economy.
4) You can stimulate yourself. (Hey, get your minds out of the gutter! I meant you could stimulate your IMAGINATION.)
5) A Psychology Today study has proven that women who read romance have 78% more sex than women who don’t. And most of them are even having it with their husbands.
6) At the end of SOME LIKE IT WICKED (the first book in this series), Catriona’s long lost brother Connor was about to meet a grim fate. Aren’t you just the least bit curious to find out what happened to him?
7) If you don’t buy this book, I could end up being reduced to eating McDonald’s on the floor of the airport with Suzanne Enoch for the rest of my life. (We were one french fry away from having passersby drop quarters in our Diet Coke cups!)
8) Romance novels are still an incredible entertainment value. I promise to whisk you away to the splendor of the Scottish Highlands and the exquisite glamour of the Regency London ballroom where an incredibly hot, brawny Highlander will make mad, passionate love to you for hours on end while proclaiming his eternal devotion. And all for only $7.99!
9) So my publisher will offer me another contract.
10) So I can write more books that will bring me back to Squawk Radio where I will once again sacrifice all pride and good taste so I can beg you to buy them.
(This blog was originally published at www.thegoddessblogs.com)
It’s official! PUB DAY is here and SOME LIKE IT WILD should be hitting the bookstores in your area even as we speak
To celebrate this momentous occasion, I’m giving away a $100 Barnes & Noble Gift Certificate to the lucky winner of my April Contest so you can stock up on some of your favorite romance authors. Just visit MY WEBSITE and find the APRIL CONTEST link on the right side of the page to enter.
READ ME FOR FREE
In another exciting development, to celebrate the publication of SOME LIKE IT WILD and as part of their Love Gives Back program, Avon is offering you the chance to read YOURS UNTIL DAWN (one of my personal favorites) on-line absolutely free. If you’ve ever wanted to share my work with a friend, please invite them here so they can sample YOURS UNTIL DAWN for free. Just click HERE to visit the page.
I also updated my APRIL NEWSLETTER on my website and posted a new BLOG OF THE MONTH.
As for PERSONAL APPEARANCES, I’ll be signing SOME LIKE IT WILD on Saturday April 4th from 1-3 PM at Books on Main in Hopkinsville, Kentucky plus I’ll be signing at the Southern Kentucky Bookfest in Bowling Green, Kentucky on April 18th from 9 AM to 4 PM.
After you’ve read the book, you’ll have to let me know whether you like your men wicked or wild!
We’re counting down the days until the March 31st release of SOME LIKE IT WILD. If you just can’t wait to steal a peek and have been wondering exactly what Connor Kincaid, Catriona’s missing brother from SOME LIKE IT WICKED (August ‘08), has been up to since he disappeared in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands, this is your chance to find out. Click HERE to read an Exclusive Excerpt!