- A Kitty in the Henhouse
- Chicken Scratches and Other Writing Tips
- Eye Candy
- Happenings at the Henhouse
- Music of the Coop
- Pop Culture
- Squawk Authors: Latest and Greatest Books
- Squawk Friends
- Squawk Interactive: Captions, polls, etc
- Squawk's Favorite Books
- Stranger Than Fiction (Real Life)
- Teresa Reveals the CONFESSIONS OF A TRUE ROMANTIC
- CHRISTINA DODD HAS A TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
- Christina Dodd Exposes the Glamour of Booktour
- Christina Dodd Treats You to an Extra Excerpt of IN BED WITH THE DUKE!
- GIRLFRIENDS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN Contest!
- Connie Brockway Posts Incriminating New Video
- SPOIL ME! BY CELEBRATING THE GOLDEN SEASON’S PUB DATE, TODAY!
- Teresa Says It Loud and Says It Proud: I WRITE ROMANCE NOVELS!!!
- CHRISTINA DODD SAYS “IT’S CHRISTMAS! DUCK!”
- Teresa Needs Your Help to Choose the SEXIEST MAN DEAD!
TOYS R US
This is going to be a very short blog because (like many of you, I would guess), I have some last-minute shopping to do. I’ve actually done almost everything, except for the two most important: my children’s “big” gift. We don’t do electronic games, so thankfully I have that rule to assuage my guilt over not getting my son a Wii. But teenage boys are very difficult! Do I try to be Educational? (Honesty forces me to admit that he specified: No Books). Musical? (I’m considering a guitar—hey, he has long hair maybe he can be the next Rolling Stone and support us in our old age). Fun? (what is fun for a tween?).
And then my daughter! Her letter to Santa only asks for two things. Fairy Dust (she asked for this last year, and Santa didn’t come through, but she’s still holding out hope) and a baby who: drinks, pees, and says Mama and Daddy. I made an initial foray yesterday and unless I buy some sort of robot doll I’m in serious trouble!
So wish me luck! I’m off into the crowds, the tinny music, the smell of peppermint, the crunchy noise of wrapping paper…
What have you got left to buy? Let’s check in with each other and commiserate!
(14) Comments • (88) Trackbacks • Permalink